Who Should I Sue After an Uber or Lyft Car Accident?
Ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft have revolutionized transportation in New York, Nassau County, and Suffolk County, but they’ve also introduced new complexities in auto-accident cases. Whether you’re a driver, passenger, or pedestrian, knowing who to sue and under what circumstances is essential.
Uber Accidents: Understanding Liability and Coverage
- Uber Driver at Fault: An Uber driver runs a red light while logged into the app and collides with another vehicle. In this case, Uber’s coverage would likely apply due to the driver’s status during the accident.
- Third-Party Fault: When an Uber is rear-ended by a distracted driver at a stop sign, the third-party driver would be primarily liable.
Lyft Accidents: Insurance and Fault Scenarios
- Lyft Driver at Fault: If a Lyft driver, distracted by the app, misses a stop sign and hits a pedestrian, Lyft’s coverage may apply, especially if the driver was en route to or during a ride.
- Another Vehicle’s Fault: Incidents where a car changes lanes unsafely, colliding with a Lyft vehicle, would put the fault on that driver.
Other Parties at Fault
- Another Driver’s Fault: In scenarios where a driver under the influence causes an accident with an Uber or Lyft vehicle, the intoxicated driver is at fault.
- Biker’s Fault: A biker who ignores traffic rules and collides with a rideshare vehicle can be held responsible for the accident.
Legal Expertise for Ride-Share Accidents
Our law firm specializes in handling complex ride-share accident cases. With a deep understanding of driver negligence and multi-party involvement, we offer comprehensive legal guidance. We assess every aspect, including the driver’s app status and the actions of other involved parties, to build a robust claim for our clients.
The legal landscape of rideshare accidents in Long Island is intricate. Our experienced attorneys are well-versed in these complexities. If you’ve been involved in an Uber or Lyft accident and have suffered personal injuries, contact our legal experts today at (516) 747-8830 for dedicated support.